Development for global progress
The fourth component of the conceptual framework for development, development for global progress focuses on interactions between China and the rest of the world.
The following six areas of action are highlighted in the 13th Five-year Plan (2016-2020):
• improving the strategic planning of the process of opening up;
• creating a new mechanism for this purpose;
• promoting the Belt and Road Initiative;
• increasing cooperation between the mainland and Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan;
• playing a more active role in global economic governance; and
• taking on greater international responsibilities and obligations.
With closer interactions with the rest of the world, China wishes to effectively promote global progress through cooperation beneficial to all.